To Be Read In All Congregations August 3, 2000
SENT VIA FACSIMILE OR EMAIL
I regret that it is my duty to inform you that, based upon biblical instruction, an ecclesiastical determination has been made to MARK David C. Pack as an enemy of the Church for the protection of our members. Therefore, for your own spiritual well-being, you are advised to refrain from contact with this individual or his representatives.
Rom. 16:17-18 17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. (KJV) (emphasis mine.)
The following precedes this marking of David C. Pack as an enemy of the Church:
1. His removal, for cause, from being a Regional Pastor in the pre-split Global Church of God;
2. His suspension, for cause, by the full Council of Elders of the pre-split Global Church of God in 1998;
3. His precipitation of, and complicity in, the rebellious "disruption" and divisiveness that occurred in November of 1998;
4. His subsequent suspension from the post-split Council of Global, brief ministerial probation, and eventual disfellowshipment, for cause, after the sowing of division and discord occurred there once again;
5. His current defamatory smear campaign of disinformation, innuendo and overtly false accusations against the leadership of the Living Church of God;
Mr. Pack was not marked earlier because his activities against the Church seemed to subside-for a time. This is no longer the case, as Mr. Pack has made fresh attempts to sow discord and cause division in our fellowship once again-hence his being marked at this time.
The Living Church of God bears David C. Pack no ill and we should all pray that God would grant him repentance.
In Christ's Name,
[Signature on file]
Roderick C. Meredith