A new poll suggests that 24% of Republicans and 14% of US Americans believe that Barack Obama might be the final Antichrist:
Belief that Obama is the Antichrist now widespread?Baltimore Sun – March 24, 2010A quarter of Republicans believe President Barack Obama might be the Antichrist, according to a Harris Poll released Wednesday.http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/faith/2010/03/obama_antichrist_harris_poll.html
Of course, USA President Barack Obama is NOT the final Antichrist–this is a subject that also came up in 2008 (please see the August 2008 article Barack Obama is Not the Antichrist). President Obama is a political leader and the final Antichrist will be a religious leader. President Obama is also not the “Beast” or final “King of the North” of biblical prophecy either.
My book 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect shows how that eight “proofs” that Barack Obama is the antichrist are in error. On the other hand, Barack Obama appears to be apocalyptic. He is doing many things that align with end time prophecy (see also the eXaminer article Prophecies of Barack Obama). Here are some quotes from the 2012 book on this subject:
Catholic Cardinal Stafford (who is head of the “Apostolic Penitentiary of the Holy See”) claimed that Barack Obama was “aggressive, disruptive, and apocalyptic.” He specifically explained:
My use of the word “apocalyptic” would be emphatically biblical, rooted in the understanding of the Book of the Apocalypse.
Here are seven specific reasons indicating that President Barack Obama may be “apocalyptic”:
- The timing of his election. It may be that only two presidential terms are left before the start of the Great Tribulation and the fulfillment of related prophecies in the Book of Revelation (called the Apocalypse by most Catholics). Barack Obama’s very presence (as well as his planned and unplanned actions) should be enough to enable the fulfillment of various end-time prophecies.
- As one with a Luo Kenyan father, Barack Obama may be part of the fulfillment of Deuteronomy 28:43.
- Since 1973, the U.S.A. switched from being a creditor nation and instead has become the greatest debtor nation in the history of humankind. Because the U.S.A. owes alien nations trillions of dollars, it appears that the curse in Deuteronomy 28:44 of having to borrow from aliens is happening to it now. President Barack Obama has put forth economic policies that will (for at least several years) greatly increase that debt. Yet, increasing national debt like this will lead to destruction at the appointed time of the end (Habakkuk 2:3, 6–8).
- Barack Obama has pledged increased cooperation with the Europeans. And while cooperation is normally a good thing, this particular cooperation is likely to lead to the rise of the prophesied King of the North, who is to be the final leader of the Beast of Revelation (Revelation 13:1). Unlike previous U.S. administrations, President Obama’s administration has declared that it will encourage and support increases in Europe’s own military, far beyond what Presidents Bush or Clinton were willing to consider. These policies will enable the rise of the King of the North.
- Barack Obama has called for increased dialogue with those considered as enemies of the U.S.A. As mentioned earlier, even some Shi’ite Muslims believe that his presidency may lead to the rise of their Mahdi who seems to be the same person that the Bible calls the King of the South.
- An increase of military action in Afghanistan, which President Obama has called for, may stretch U.S.A. military commitments. Because of domestic economic concerns and international pressures, Barack Obama is shifting priorities away from defense spending, while encouraging the Europeans to increase their military might. This will help lead to the destruction of the United States, when the Europeans are ready and the U.S.A. is not.
- President Obama actually claimed, “the only measure of my success as president when people look back five years from now or nine years from now is going to be, did I get this economy fixed?…I’m going to be judged on, have we pulled ourselves out of recession?” As the God of the Bible expects leaders to encourage repentance and moral behaviors when they are subject to destructive punishment (cf. Jonah 3:6-9), and Barack Obama does not seem to believe that the U.S.A. needs to repent for its sins against God, his policies seem to be focused on not relying on God. Hence, without national repentance, the U.S.A. is doomed for destruction.
Habakkuk 2 makes clear that at the appointed time of the end, a great borrowing people will be destroyed (Habakkuk 2:3,6-8). Something similar is in Deuteronomy 28:42-51. No nation in the history of humankind has ever accumulated as much debt as the United States of America (because the U.K. may have the highest amount of per capita debt, its fate would seem to be similar). Yet, the relationship between debt accumulation and prophesied destruction remains unapparent to many.
And although President Obama inherited a debt-laden nation, his policies, according to his own public pronouncements, will lead to greatly increased U.S.A. debt for several years. These increases of debt are likely to go past the point of no return and become one of the final factors that will cause creditors to rise up and destroy the U.S.A.
It seems clear that during his presidency, Barack Obama will be an enabler in the sense that his policies will help lead to the rise of the prophesied final Kings of the North and South that Daniel 11 discusses. Nothing from his administration thus far suggests that he will call for meaningful massive repentance and turning back to God.
Therefore, President Obama (who should be U.S.A. President in 2012 and perhaps until 2017) is apocalyptic. (Bob Thiel. 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect. Nazarene Books, pp. 145-148).
We are living in the last days, and because of that, whoever would be USA president at this time would have to be somewhat apocalyptic. But that does not make the USA president the final Antichrist.
For more information, please check out the following:
2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect This is a link related to a book by Bob Thiel (COGwriter). This also has YouTube videos related to 2012. The book has an entire chapter on Barack Obama and his potentially prophetic roles based upon biblical and non-biblical prophecies.
2012 y el surgimiento de la secta secreta Nuevo libro del Dr. Thiel en Español.
2012 und das Auftreten der geheimen Sekte (German Edition) 2012 Buch von Dr. Thiel in deutscher Sprache.
Some Doctrines of Antichrist Are there any doctrines taught outside the Churches of God which can be considered as doctrines of antichrist? This article suggests at least three. It also provides information on 666 and the identity of “the false prophet”. Plus it shows that several Catholic writers seem to warn about an ecumenical antipope that will support heresy.
Prophecies of Barack Obama? Are there biblical and non-biblical prophecies about Barack Obama. Did Nostradamus predict Barack Obama dealing with the Antichrist? This is a lengthy article with many prophecies that Barack Obama may end up fulfilling.
Barack Obama, Prophecy, and the Destruction of the United States Some claim that Barack Obama is the prophesied “son of Kenya”. Might Bible prophecy be fulfilled by him?
The Antichrist Quiz Do you really know much about the Antichrist?