Senator (now also President Elect) Barack Obama
In ten days, short of some catastrophe, Barack Obama is scheduled to become the next president of the Untied States.
Does and biblical prophecy have anything to say about Barack Obama?
Well, by virtue of his timing, Barack Obama will likely fulfill many biblical prophecies, or at least implement policies for many prophecies to be fulfilled.
Irrespective of possible Kenyan prophecies, the Bible itself warns that if the descendants of Israel sinned and did not repent, the following would happen:
43 The alien who is among you shall rise higher and higher above you, and you shall come down lower and lower (Deuteronomy 28:43).
12 As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.” (Isaiah 3:12)
16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err, And those who are led by them are destroyed (Isaiah 9:16).
Since multiple millions of the physical descendants of reside in the United States (see Anglo – America in Prophecy & the Lost Tribes of Israel) and we are getting close to the end (Does God Have a 6,000 Year Plan? What Year Does the 6,000 Years End?), the above prophecies are likely to be fulfilled, to a degree, during Barack Obama’s presidency.
And while I do not doubt that Barack Obama is an American citizen (see Obama’s Citizenship?), because Barack Obama’s father is Luo Kenyan, his mother is at least part Native American, AND because he was partially raised in Indonesia (a Muslim nation), in several ways he could be perceived as an alien. Hence, the biblical prophecy in Deuteronomy 28:43 MIGHT apply to Barack Obama (and it does also have multiple applications). But, because of his timing, I believe that the last two prophecies above will be partially fulfilled by him and as well as other end time leaders.
The end of the 6000 years God has granted humanity to rule itself will likely be over in the next decade (see Does God Have a 6,000 Year Plan? What Year Does the 6,000 Years End?). Thus, simply by the virtue of his timing, Barack Obama is destined to aid in the fulfillment of end time biblical prophecies.
Furthermore, the Bible predicts the rise at the appointed time of the end of a King of the North and a King of the South. Various statements that Barack Obama has made suggest that he will implement policies that will likely help lead to their formations (see also Barack Obama in Islamic Prophecy?).
Perhaps it should be mentioned that while many American evangelicals believe that they will be part of a pre-tribulation rapture (and presumably miss the punishments that this world will experience in the end), this is not what the Bible teaches (Is There A Secret Rapture for the Church? When and Where is the Church Protected?).
While Philadelphia Christians are promised protection from the hour of trial”, that protection is on the earth (please see There is a Place of Safety for the Philadelphians. Why it May Be Petra). And this is likely to begin sometime in the next decade.
There are many Bible prophecies that show what appears to be the destruction of the United States and its Anglo-allies (see Anglo – America in Prophecy). And as the USA increases debt and strains its military, the destructive end time prophecies are getting closer to final fulfillment.
How may Barack Obama be “apocalyptic”? Here are 8 possible ways, eight reasons why:
- The timing of his election. It may be that there are only two presidential terms left before the Great Tribulation (Does God Have a 6,000 Year Plan? What Year Does the 6,000 Years End?) and the fulfillment of related prophecies in the Book of Revelation (called the Apocalypse by most Catholics). Barack Obama’s very presence (as well as his planned and unplanned actions) should be enough to enable the fulfillment of various end-time prophecies.
- As one with a Luo Kenyan father, Barack Obama (see also Kenya Rejoices as Obama Wins) may be part of the fulfillment of Deuteronomy 28:43.
- Since the Roe vs. Wade pro-abortion decision, the USA has became the greatest debtor nation in the history of humankind. Since the USA owes alien nations trillions of dollars, it appears that the curse in Deuteronomy 28:44 of having to borrow from aliens is happening to it now. Barack Obama has indicated that he will support economic policies that will likely increase that debt. Yet, the Bible specifically warns that increasing national debt like this will lead to destruction in Habakkuk 2:6-8 (see also Anglo – America in Prophecy).
- One of the first actual changes that Barack Obama is expected to implement is reversing certain executive orders that will likely lead to more abortions (see Obama May Quickly Encourage Additional Abortions). Yet, abortion is wrong (see Abortion, the Bible, and a Woman’s Right to Choose) and a terrible national sin.
- To a great degree, women put him in power (see Women Chose Barack Obama). The Bible specifically warns about women ruling over a nation (Isaiah 3:12). It has been reported that the highest cabinet post in Barack Obama’s administration is to go to Hillary Clinton. Two of his top economic advisors are also to be women (see Obama Picks Two More Women). Barack Obama will also often need to heed the advice of Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the US House of Representatives (who has been criticized for her pro-abortion stance, see Vatican Official Says No to Biden and Pelosi, But Not to Palin).
- Barack Obama has pledged increased cooperation with the Europeans. This cooperation is likely to lead to the rise of the prophesied King of the North, who is to be the final leader of the Beast of Revelation.
- Barack Obama has called for increased dialogue with those considered as enemies of the USA. Even some Shiite Muslims believe that his presidency may lead to the rise of their Mahdi (see Barack Obama in Islamic Prophecy?), who seems to be the same person that the Bible calls the King of the South.
- An increase of military action in Afghanistan, which candidate Barack Obama continually called for, may stretch USA military commitments. Because of domestic economic concerns and international pressures, Barack Obama is likely to shift priorities away from defense spending and encourage the Europeans to increase their military might. This will lead to the destruction of the United States, when the Europeans are ready and the USA is not.
The truth is that Barack Obama seems well meaning and he is trying to encourage the Americans to back him as he works on his economic agenda. Americans are so concerned about the economy that most do not care that the policies that Barack Obama will likely implement within his first several weeks of office will result in more abortions and other sins in this nation.
President-elect Obama needs our prayers. The Apostle Paul wrote:
1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
Without national repentance, the United States is doomed for destruction. The focus needs to be on turning to the God of the Bible and not simply on the hope that President-elect Obama will somehow stave off economic disaster for 4-8 years while ignoring the nation’s sins.
But irrespective of what he does or does not do, because of the timing of his election, it appears that (probably inadvertantly) Barack Obama will help set the stage for the ecumenical King of the North, the Muslim King of the South, and even (though more indirectly) the final ecumenical one known as Antichrist.
Thus, Barack Obama’s presumed impact on apocalyptic matters is likely to affect nearly everyone living at the end.
Several articles of possibly related interest may include:
Prophecies of Barack Obama? Are there biblical and non-biblical prophecies about Barack Obama. Did Nostradamus predict Barack Obama dealing with the Antichrist? Might Barack Obama set the stage for the kings of the North and South as at least one Shiite prophecy suggests.
Barack Obama, Prophecy, and the Destruction of the United States Some claim that Barack Obama is the prophesied “son of Kenya”, based up an early 20th century writing.
Barack Obama in Islamic Prophecy? There is actually a 17th century Shiite prophecy that some believe that Barack Obama will fulfill that will lead to a rising up of Islam.
Barack Obama Carries Hindu Monkey God Although there are some strange and false stories about Barack Obama, this one seems to be true.
There is a Place of Safety for the Philadelphians. Why it May Be Petra This article discusses a biblical ‘place of safety’ and includes quotes from the Bible and Herbert W. Armstrong on this subject–thus, there is a biblically supported alternative to the rapture theory.
Is There A Secret Rapture for the Church? When and Where is the Church Protected? What does the Bible really teach? Does the Church flee or is it taken up just prior to the great tribulation? Who really is left behind?
Anglo – America in Prophecy & the Lost Tribes of Israel Are the Americans, Canadians, British, Scottish, Welsh, Australians, Anglo-Southern Africans, and New Zealanders descendants of Joseph? Where are the lost ten-tribes of Israel? Who are the lost tribes of Israel? Will God punish the U.S.A., Canada, United Kingdom, and other Anglo nations? Why might God allow them to be punished first?