Pope Benedict XVI just elevated 25 bishops to the office of cardinal today, including Kurt Koch:
Pope names 24 new cardinalsAP - Oct 20, 2010
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI named 24 new cardinals Wednesday, putting his mark on the body that will elect his successor and giving a boost to Italian hopes to regain the papacy…
Many of the new cardinals head Vatican offices, including Archbishop Kurt Koch, a Swiss in charge of the Vatican’s relations with other Christians and Jews.
Cardinals are close advisers to a pope, but their key job is to elect the pontiff. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39755433/ns/world_news-europe/
Pope Benedict XVI named Kurt Koch president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity effective July 1, 2010, replacing the retiring Walter Kasper. Cardinal Koch’s job is to try to bring as many of the Eastern Orthodox and those in “the churches of the Reformation” to the Vatican (see Pope Benedict’s 30 Year Plan). This is elevation to cardinal is an important move, if Kurt Koch is to be considered in line as a possible successor to Benedict XVI.
When Kurt Koch took over from Walter Kasper, I warned that because of biblical and Catholic prophecies, that is was possible that Kurt Koch could possibly be the last pope, and an antipope.
I also specifically warned (see July 2, 2010 post Swiss Bishop Appointed as Ecumenical Head: Antichrist Role?) about then Archbishop Koch:
And if he elevated to the rank of Cardinal, he may have further elevation in his future.
Now that he has been elevated to the rank of cardinal, I definitely consider him one to watch.
For those somewhat unfamiliar with him, here are some reasons that he is one to watch.
everal specific reasons for watching him.
- Cardinal Koch was born in Switzerland. Catholic prophecies suggest that Switzerland will be part of the final revived “Holy Roman Empire” (there are at least two, please see Catholic Prophecies). Having a high level Swiss-born leader in the Vatican may make this a little more palatable for the Swiss people (though I believe an economic or other crisis in Switzerland will likely also be involved).
- Cardinal Koch’s previous minaret stance means that he will have some credibility with the Islamic community, which may help fulfill biblical prophecies in Daniel 9:27 and 11:27.
- Both Roman and Eastern Orthodox Catholic prophecies tell of a time when a major ecumenical council will take place. This council is supposed to result in Catholic-Orthodox unity with much compromise on Rome’s side. As the president of Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, he would be expected to have involvement (even if he is moved or promoted out of that position by then) in such a council
- Cardinal Koch is both young enough and old enough to be a candidate to either be the next pope or to support the next pope.
- Catholic and biblical prophecies warn of a leader who will not truly support the Christian faith, though he may look like he is among the “ministers of righteousness” (2 Corinthians 11:15). Ecumenical leaders historically have tended to compromise for the sake of unity (for some biblical, Catholic, and other related prophecies, see Why Should American Catholics Should Fear Unity with the Orthodox?; Orthodox may wish to read the article Orthodox Must Reject Unity with the Roman Catholics). Ecumenical leaders often seem to support what is politically expedient above being true to their professed faith.
- According to the prophecies of the Catholic Bishop and Saint Malachy in the 12th century, only one pope remains. Since other Catholic prophecies foretell the rising up of an antipope who may betray that faith, and since there has not been an “antipope” since Felix V 1439-1449 (and many of the Catholic prophecies warning about a future antipope tend to be more recent than that), IF these sets of Catholic prophecies are correct, the next pope will be an “antipope” and betray the Church of Rome. This “pontiff” will have accomplices.
- Based upon biblical writings, various Christian and professing Christian leaders have believed that God had a six-thousand year plan for humankind to rule before Jesus would return (for details, see Does God Have a 6,000 Year Plan? What Year Does the 6,000 Years End?). According to biblical chronology, this time period is likely to end while Kurt Koch is alive.
- At least one Catholic prophecy specifically warns of a German antipope. Kurt Koch appears to be Swiss-German. Again this does not mean it will be him, but this may suggest another reason he may be one to watch.
- Pretty much all modern pontiffs held the rank of cardinal prior to their elevation. Kurt Koch is now at the rank of cardinal.
Now, as I do not know Kurt Koch, I am not saying that he is necessarily anything other than a loyal Catholic bishop and cardinal. But historically, those in ecumenical leaderships make statements that suggest compromise.
If Cardinal Kurt Koch lives and remains in office, he is likely to be supportive of, if not the, the final “ecumenical” Antichrist.
And this leader is warned about in both biblical and Catholic prophecies. Now I am not saying that Kurt Koch must become the final Antichrist, but since prophecies are clear that the final Antichrist will be an ecumenical leader that sounds an awful lot like an “antipope”, he is one to watch for his involvement in end time matters.
As mentioned in my book 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect, Catholics need to be careful of ecumenical leaders who may wish to compromise to attain unity with the Eastern Orthodox and others. And Cardinal Koch is an ecumenical leader.
While he may not become the “antipope” Antichrist (and there are others that I have in mind as possible), Cardinal Koch would likely be supportive of the next pontiff if he remains ecumenical. And if Cardinal Koch gains more influence, he may have further elevation in his future. He is one to watch.
Some articles of possibly related interest may include:
The Antichrist Quiz Do you really know much about the Antichrist?
Some Doctrines of Antichrist Are there any doctrines taught outside the Churches of God which can be considered as doctrines of antichrist? This article suggests at least three. It also provides information on 666 and the identity of “the false prophet”. Plus it shows that several Catholic writers seem to warn about an ecumenical antipope that will support heresy.
Is There an Islamic Antichrist?Is Joel Richardson correct that the final Antichrist will be Islamic and not European? Find out.
Catholic Prophecies: Do They Mirror, Highlight, or Contradict Biblical Prophecies? People of all faiths may be surprised to see what various Roman and Orthodox Catholic prophets have been predicting as many of their predictions will be looked to in the 21st century.
End of Mayan Calendar 2012–Might 2012 Mean Something? Are there Mayan calendar predictions for change in 2012? Changes were centuries ago predicted by the Hopi Native Americans. Do Mayan/Hindu/Hopi/Buddhist/New Age/Nostradamus prophecies have any value here? Why might Satan have inspired this date? Does the Dresden codex show destruction of the earth by flood? Can the great tribulation start before 2012? How might the next pope be involved in 2012?
2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect This is a link related to a book by Bob Thiel (COGwriter). This also has YouTube videos. This book documents and explains hundreds of prophecies. And since it was published, many have already started to come to pass.
Does God Have a 6,000 Year Plan? What Year Does the 6,000 Years End? Was a 6000 year time allowed for humans to rule followed by a literal thousand year reign of Christ on Earth taught by the early Christians? When does the six thousand years of human rule end?