The following news item keeps popping up:
What will it take for Obama to convince the world that he’s a Christian, or at least not a Muslim? (Christian Science Monitor – Brad Knickerbocker 21 Aug 2010)
CNN had several segments the past few days somewhat asking the same thing. And I covered some of this when the story first came out (see Many Americans Believe that Barack Obama is Muslim). But I would like to address the question above as the mainstream media does not seem to really understand the facts.
Here are some reasons that thinking, biblically-oriented people, do not believe that Barack Obama is a real Christian:
- He stopped regularly attending outside church services after becoming elected President of the United States (except for some public events)–so his sincerity is doubted.
- He has made it clear that he greatly supports the homosexual “agenda”, unless such pushing may get in the way of his other political objectives.
- One of his first acts after taking office was to increase international funding for abortions.
- On an international trip, he referred to the Muslim book as “the Holy Quran”. Real Christians do not consider the Quran as holy.
- He essentially eliminated the “National Day of Prayer”. Which, while I did not consider to truly be “Christian”, most Americans did.
- He attended the first “feeding” for Ramadan this year. Christians are not supposed to observe holy days of other religions.
- He has been found to carry a Hindu monkey god. No Christian intentionally carries around pagan idols.
- His initial, fairly clear sounding support, for the “ground-zero” mosque.
- His two US Supreme Court appointees are both believed to be supporters of on-demand abortion.
His “We’re not a Christian nation” comment earlier this year before Muslim leaders while technically accurate, was offensive to many Americans (it also differed from the views of most who helped found the USA).
It is basically because Barack Obama’s own statements and practices that have caused many to think he not a real Christian. Furthermore, his relatively close relationships with Muslims (having a Muslim father/grandfather and growing up in predominantly Muslim Indonesia) in his early years, his statements in Cairo and elsewhere, and his distancing himself from the State of Israel have had some wonder if he had remained a Muslim despite public denials.
Those who are not biblically-oriented, those who do not believe that they have to live their lives by what the Bible says, etc. seem confused, that many doubt the President’s claimed faith.
Now, I have never reported that Barack Obama was a Muslim. Actually, when I first reported on this during his campaign, I reported that he claimed Christianity.
Yet, those of us who do take the Bible literally do not understand how one can support abortion on demand and expect others to believe that they are Christian.
In my view, an unrepentant abortionist, is simply that. One cannot be an unrepentant abortionist and a real Christian.
Some articles of possibly related interest may include:
Barack Obama Carries Hindu Monkey God Unlike some of the odd stories about Barack Obama, this one is apparently true.
Prophecies of Barack Obama? This article has eight reasons why Barack Obama is apocalyptic and eight reasons why Barack Obama is not the Antichrist. It includes many biblical and non-biblical prophecies, from around the world, that seem to discuss Barack Obama. Did Nostradamus predict Barack Obama dealing with the Antichrist? Might Barack Obama set the stage for the kings of the North and South as at least one Shiite prophecy suggests? This is the longest and most complete article at the COGwriter website on Barack Obama prophecies. Read it and decide for yourself if President Obama seems to be fulfilling various prophecies.
Barack Obama, Prophecy, and the Destruction of the United States Some claim that Barack Obama is the prophesied “son of Kenya”. Might Bible prophecy be fulfilled since he is to be the USA president?
Will the Anglo-Nations be Divided? Will the lands of the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand be divided? What does Bible prophecy teach? Are there non-biblical prophecies that support this idea? Who will divide those lands? Who will end up with the lands and the people?
Abortion, the Bible, and a Woman’s Right to Choose Do you know what the Bible teaches on this?